Thursday, March 08, 2007

Something to laugh at

I am not writing about sex this time...(i heard someone just said: damn!). Sorry, life has been pretty hectic for the last three days and the biggest consequence is that i didn't have time to sit down in front of my laptop and find any interesting topic on the web.

Instead i have one story to share. A real story. It is a funny one, i thought.

This happened ages ago when i was still fresh off the boat. It was only 6 months in Australia. When i worked at Italian restaurant at The Rocks, Sydney, i used to do a lot of Christmas function. Christmas function is always fun but if you ask some waitstaff they will curse you for saying that Christmas function is fun.


Anyway at one function, i served the table and kept an eye on the drinks. About 9.00 PM, the guesses were getting noisier which gave you a clear indication that alcohol starts to work. I came to one table to do my job. But before i cleared some bottles i asked anyone if they would like another round. One girl--she seems nice--asked me, "Can I have something sexual?"

I was a bit shocked as this was never expected. I didn't know what to do. So I smiled at her to give impression that i am okay with that impertinent as question and kept picking up empty bottles before rushing off to the bar.

The second time, i came back to the same table. I thought she must have learnt from previous experience. But i was completely wrong. She called me and ordered something.

The girl: "Can i have a quick fuck?". Oh dear! Not again. I stood up there for a minute and could not give any answer but looked at her face. After that pause, i found my courage to say something.

Me: "I am sorry i can't give you". Soon i answered her, i hurried back to the bar. When i got there, i told my workmate about that girl.

Me: "One girl on table two asked for a quick fuck.

Workmate: "Did you give it to her?

Me: "Christ, No. Do you think i am insane?" I thought if fancied her where i am gonna do it anyway. Toilet is too risky and staff room is even worse as some waitstaff like to go up there to have their illegal break for cigarette.

He realised that I didn't seem to understand what he meant. So he went on.

Workmate: "Quick fuck is a name for drink". Soon he finished saying this, everyone in the bar laughed joyfully at me while i stood up there feeling embarrassed.

Later on i've learnt that all shots have funny name.

No comments:

Templates-Gallery