Friday, May 25, 2007

Exam

I hate exam! Yes i really hate it. Today i had one and it felt like having the worse nightmare. No doubt i am not the one who don't like exam. Many students are perhaps having the same feeling against it.

The primary reason why i hate exam is that it freezes my brain. What i read last night or even a week before will completely be gone. Is it the pressure that makes me nervous? Perhaps. I like pressure and sometimes it makes me more productive. I heard many great thinkers (and great wankers) came up with brilliant idea when there are under pressure. Once i finished off all my 6 essays (about 15.000 words in total) in one and half month and got a satisfactory marks.

Exam is different. We only have one to two hours to write 1000-1500 words and it is handwriting. Do they know computer have been used widely in this modern world? My english knowledge is also a reason why i don't like exam. I won't be entitled to special consideration such as extra time. This rule only applies to students who have been living in Australia less than 3 years.

I prefer to write 3000 essay in 10 days than doing an hour exam. I like going to library and checking out books (as well as librarians, some of them are quite nice actually). Okay it is true and may be helpful for students to look up some tips at uni website. But not many people are able to write a concise essay in a short time.

Last year my history professor told us that he didn't want to have exam but 1000 words essay instead. Yay! And he shared his experience when he was an undergrad student in England. He had few beer before going to the class and was able to write sexual interpretation on Victorian architecture. Surprisingly he got high distinction for that. Up to now, he thought that was one of the best essay that he ever wrote.

Should i have drank beer before exam? Hell no. It would be even worse if i had some. So i have a cup of long black this morning. Was i doing well? I don't think so. Semester has finished after all.

No comments:

Templates-Gallery