Thursday, October 18, 2007

Finding a good hairdresser

Before i wondered why did women spend hours at hairdressers? It shouldn't be ages, should it? For me it didn't make sense if you're gonna spend hours by sitting down and reading what Princess Marry has been up to.

I always had my hair cut at the barber shop. Cheap and easy. It takes half an hour at the most. If it looks shit, you can't say a thing as with 20 dollars price, it will not give you many options. On the contrary, my girlfriend spends more than a hundred for getting it done. She came home afterward and complained about her new hair.

After a four years being a loyal customer to barber shop, i decided to take an important turn. I am going to a proper hairdresser this time. There is one particular place at Newtown, Sydney which i thought would be an honour for them to cut my hair. However, when i got there, i got freaked out. I stood there for a couple minutes then went back home.

The reason why i was worried is because i believe that hairdresser is an important element within the regime of beauty. The equipments, the people, and the products, all these things seem to make me feeling inferior. What in my head at that time was a question about myself. Once i got in and have my hair cut and styled, will i look great?

Anyway, the next day i dared myself to go and made an appointment. Bang! My name was in the list. Two days later, i went back there and there were three people having their hair cut. Once i arrived, a lady offered me to take my jacket at the back. When she came back, she asked whether i like to have a coffee or tea. "This is brilliant service", i thought. So i sat down on the chair and had a chat with my hairdresser. I told her that i'd like to try something new and never been to a proper salon before but happy with any suggestion she offered. Her response was great. She explained what she would like to do with my hair. "Ok, i am happy with that plan". Then my hair was washed and plus massage on my head before the hairdresser and her scissor do their job.

The result was great. I was happy with my hair. But the bad thing is that i get addicted to it and am getting a bit fussy with hairstyle. Hairdresser will be the place for me to cut my hair. Never go back to friendly barber shop. I like being pampered and they give it to you. Since i moved down to Melbourne, i've been to two hairdressers and they were disappointing. Strangely, my hair looked not great but was getting slightly better as it grew. I've never realised before that finding a good hairdresser and stick to it is very difficult. I feel that finding a good hairdresser is like finding future husband/wife. You have to try them and got disappointed before having a good one.

No comments:

Templates-Gallery