Sunday, July 15, 2007

Slackness

I know i haven't updated my blog for nearly a month. To call me slack is perhaps too nice, yet i have a very justifiable reason. I've been very busy this month: organising enrolment at new uni, getting academic transcript, renewing passport, doing job hunting and having a crowd staying at my house last weekend. Busy hey? In the middle of this hectic weeks, i collapsed for awhile. Fuckin flu virus attacked me and successfully slowed down my works. Perfect!

I have to say goodbye to Monash University this semester as i am now enrolling at LaTrobe. Latrobe is the third uni that i am getting into for the last two years. I have been in Sydney University and Monash. Don't get shock first, there is no intention for me to collect student cards from uni across Australia. I would not think to be graduated with pension card in my hand is very good idea. I am just too picky when it comes to education. That's all.

Speaking about uni, one important thing to check out at uni is the food. You know food at uni is pretty simple yet simplicity does not always go along with quality. So far, i haven't found any good food at Sydney uni although i heart the uni so much. Chips and gravy is probably the best, particularly after having third round of beer. Otherwise, sandwich with average quality will be the most sensible option. If you want to do a bit effort, you can walk up to Newtown and find dozens scrumptious take away food.

Surprisingly Monash does have a good food. Several times i enjoyed my rice with selection of pork, chicken or fish. Last week i tried noodle at Latrobe. Alas, cold made my tongue numb. The soup tasted hot and a bit spicy. Nothing much.

I thought university should think about the quality of food for their students. I know students are one group within society who live with shoe-string budget (but they drink a lot). They also must work very hard to make their lecturer happy by finishing assignment on time. To finish four essays plus two presentations that are happening at the same week are obviously not easy. It asks you to stay up till late. If they were fed with crap food at uni, imagine what kind of result that they would produce. Maybe i am thinking of sending an email to Jamie Oliver. Remember when he did a campaign called FEED ME BETTER? It was an awesome endeavour. If he had a chance to do tour around Australia and checked the food, he would probably be gobsmacked to see how educated people are fed with rubbish.

Anyway, i am a bit upset at the moment as i can't afford to buy ticket for The Cure concert. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

No comments:

Templates-Gallery